Wednesday, July 30, 2008

RUFF & REDDY "ADVENTURES IN SPACE" (COLPIX RECORDS #201 1959)

I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO FIND A COPY OF THIS VERY FIRST HANNA BARBERA CARTOON LP FROM 1959. I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN EPISODE OF RUFF & REDDY SO IT WAS NEW TO ME TO HEAR A VOICE THAT SOUNDED LIKE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND COMING OUT OF THIS LP. THE COVER SCAN AND LP RIP FOR THIS RUFF & REDDY LPCAME FROM THE SELLER OF THIS RECORD. I WAS ANXIOUS TO SHARE THIS RAREST OF ALL HANNA BARBERA RECORDS SO I WILL HAVE A BETTER QUALITY COVER SCANS AND LP RIP LATER. FOR NOW THOUGH DO ENJOY THIS ONE AS IS!



RUFF AND REDDY "ADVENTURES IN SPACE" ZIP FILE

4 comments:

Zer0_II said...

Hello again Dave. I wanted to invite you and your readers to my new social network that I have created. It's similar in appearance to myspace (minus all the hormone-crazed teenagers), but it is intended to serve as a hangout for artists, musicians, and music lovers. I have also included a forum category for music bloggers such as yourself to promote their blogs and share updates. If you are interested, here is the url:

http://digitalmeltd0wn.ning.com

I hope to see you there. Take care.

Zer0_II

Anonymous said...

I think I had that record as a kid. It's one that I can still sing some songs from but couldn't remember what album it was. Any more info you can provide, including (back cover scan) would be awesome.

Doreen Mulman said...

I have this album. It is the voice track of the first Ruff and Reddy cartoon, sans the music used in the cartoon.

HunterMann said...

Hi Dave, Very cool blog you have!
I found this great Ruff & Reddy LP today while crate digging at a thrift store.
My copy has same basic artwork & colors, though it just has Col Pix logo, no other record company name on cover and no mention of the voice actors either., numbered CP201, Campo Company, Quebec Canada, and the only mention of Hanna-Barbera , simply reads: ©H-B Enterprises, Inc. 1958

I'm tempted to sell if after giving it a good lesson, hard decision since I don't have very many LPs of good cartoon music/soundtracks.