Sunday, December 16, 2007

A MERRY MANCINI CHRISTMAS (RCA VICTOR LSP-3612 1966)





"Fans of Henry Mancini will find Merry Mancini Christmas to be an ideal holiday record. Released in 1966, at the height of his popularity, the album is filled with the lush arrangements that are his aural signature, and they sound perfect when matched with these 11 Christmas medleys and carols. It is a warm, appealing record that blends easily into the background, making it a good choice for holiday gatherings of all sorts. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide"

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN THIS LP WITH THIS PARTICULAR COVER. MOST I'VE SEEN ONLINE HAD THIS COVER:





A MERRY MANCINI CHRISTMAS ZIP FILE

4 comments:

Sallie Neal said...

Yes, I thought this was interesting also. I picked these up at my local Good Will, and realized they were the same album just with 2 different covers!

Laurelin Whitfield said...

I'd love to download some of these zip files, but I don't read Russian and can't figure out the MegaDownload site. Help!

Dave said...

Click my link here, a page opens with a large MegaUpload logo. To the right of thatt are 3 capitalized letters. Enter those 3 letters (all caps) in the box next to the clickable "Download" button. Then click the "Download" button. As long as you've entered the 3 letters correctly, IN ALL CAPS, then it will take you to another page with 2 colums "Premium" and "Free". Under the "Free" column is a 40 second countdown clock. Once that counts down to zero it will change to a clickable, gray "Download" button. Click that button, and the "File Download" window will come up to "Open" or "Save". That's all there is to it. Nothing that's any different from any other download site.
Dave

Laurelin Whitfield said...

Thanks, Dave!

I was able to download with no problems - I hadn't figured out the 45 second wait issue...

Merry Christmas!