Sunday, December 16, 2007

"THAT CHRISTMAS FEELING" J.C.PENNEY (COLUMBIA SPECIAL PRODUCTS P11853 1973)





LIKE W. T. GRANT'S DID, J. C. PENNEY HAD SEVERAL CHRISTMAS LPS THEY PUT OUT WHEN I WAS A KID IN THE 1970's. I'VE ALREADY SHARED "THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS". ANOTHER ONE THEY RELEASED WAS CALLED "THE GOLDEN GLOW OF CHRISTMAS". MY DAD HAS THIS ONE, BUT I HAVEN'T GOT A RIP OF IT ON HAND. HERE'S THE COVER OF THAT ONE:



THE LAST ONE I'VE FOUND REFERENCE TO WAS FROM 1974 CALLED "THE BRIGHTEST STARS OF CHRISTMAS" SHOWN HERE:




"THAT CHRISTMAS FEELING" J.C.PENNEY ZIP FILE

2 comments:

Sallie Neal said...

I have this one, too. It's good- I downloaded your version to see if your quality is better. I'm looking forward to hearing it!

Dave said...

If my files are at 320 kbps then usually (IMO) they came out pretty good. However if I have an LP I can't seem to get very good quality out of I will share it, but usually only at 128 kbps. So that's why some of my DL files are only at 128 or 192. I grew up on these JCP and WT Grant LPs. My Dad loves Christmas music, but he especially like their affordable price. At that time he was only a Telephone Lineman, and with a family of 5 to support every penny saved made a difference. By the time he got into NY Bell Telephone Mgt. all of these companies had stopped making these christmas LPs. Grants was gone all together by then (later 1970's) in our area. So between these store Lps, Jack Jones and Tennessee ernie Ford I have a lot of fond memories. I'm making all of them into CDs for my dad this Christmas.

Dave